Hi!
I am already looking forward to coming back! I am especially looking forward to go and swim in the Mot River (after you have read this post you will get to know why). Last week I went swimming in the sea with my dad and some guys from California. The sea was really rough and there was a very strong undertow. People do not swim here in the sea but we did not know that. That week on the same place where we were, two Indian guys got drowned. Those men were poor fishermen who did not feel having a choice taking their small boats in the waves to catch some fish so that they can sell them on the market. As you understand I got kind of scared when I tried to get out of the sea and I could not because of the undertow. When I did manage to get out this guy asked if he could take a picture of us. After the photo was taken looked at it and I saw someting quite dirty on the background of the picture, something you will never guess...I saw three villagers doing a poo on the beach! I figured out why they did poo on the beach...they are very poor and they do not have toilets or even electricity and running water in their huts, so the beach is basically their toilet.
p.s. Floris, how is your foot doing? Hope it is getting better so we will get to play soccer again!
Bye!!!!! Isha
I am already looking forward to coming back! I am especially looking forward to go and swim in the Mot River (after you have read this post you will get to know why). Last week I went swimming in the sea with my dad and some guys from California. The sea was really rough and there was a very strong undertow. People do not swim here in the sea but we did not know that. That week on the same place where we were, two Indian guys got drowned. Those men were poor fishermen who did not feel having a choice taking their small boats in the waves to catch some fish so that they can sell them on the market. As you understand I got kind of scared when I tried to get out of the sea and I could not because of the undertow. When I did manage to get out this guy asked if he could take a picture of us. After the photo was taken looked at it and I saw someting quite dirty on the background of the picture, something you will never guess...I saw three villagers doing a poo on the beach! I figured out why they did poo on the beach...they are very poor and they do not have toilets or even electricity and running water in their huts, so the beach is basically their toilet.
p.s. Floris, how is your foot doing? Hope it is getting better so we will get to play soccer again!
Bye!!!!! Isha
Hello Isha! I hope you have had a wonderful time in India and we look forward to you coming back to School
ReplyDelete-Madison Mytton Room 2 Ngatimoti School Motueka.