Saturday, 3 September 2011

Half way

Hello,
Sorry, that I haven't replied on my blog so often. There has been so many things going on that it will take me 5 weeks to describe all of it.


I have borrowed a keyboard of this lady called Gitamba. Cause I want to practise a few songs. I have learnt how to play 'twinkle twinkle little star' and ' green sleeves' in 10 minutes. I have improved my reading a lot by reading the Harry Potter series (in English). So far I am up to the third. Unfortuntally, the library here does not have the fourth. So I've started reading these other book series. I just forgot the name of the title, but is a bit like Harry Potter. Also I readt 'the diary of a wimpy kid' (the green one). I like the 'Shell Silverstein' bit.
From the 1st of September to the 10th there is a Ganapati festival. It is about this guy called Ganesha who's head got chopped of by his father (an Indian god called Shiva). Shiva wanted to go in his house, then Shiva realized that the kid he killed is his own son. So, he goes to a forest and chops of the head of the first being he meets: an elephant! Afterwards he places the elephants head on the body of his son. Technically, if Mrs Goodall chops of your heads and replaces them with possum's heads, you'll be gods!!!??? Last Friday morning I saw a bird. It looked like a King Fisher, but than the size of an eagle. The bird's wing were electric blue, awesome!! PS, it's my birthday the 4th of Sept.

Bey, bey,
Isha

2 comments:

  1. hi Isha

    It must be so fun over there. I hope yopu are having fun because over here it is getting warmer very slowly.

    The festival sounds like fun. hopefully you have made more friends as you stay there longer.

    Payton, Ngatimoti School.

    P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE 4TH OF SEPT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Isha,
    I hope you had a lovely birthday last week. I look forward to hearing your new skills on the keyboard when you come back.
    I am impressed with all of your reading in English. I hope you find the fourth Happy Potter book from a friend or a library - it's my favourite of the series.
    Your paragraphing is also developing well Isha. You almost always have a main ideas for each paragraph!
    I wonder if you might like to write a poem about the large bird you saw. I would sure like to know more about it...

    Keep up the great learning Isha!

    P.S. I don't think I'll chop anyone's heads off but thanks for sharing the legend from the Ganapati festival with us.

    ReplyDelete